Thursday 25 April 2013

A little about me..


Hey!
I'm 22 years old,
 live in Toronto, and work for one of my favourite sports teams. As a child, I suffered from constant stomach pains and was in and out of the doctor’s office on a regular basis. Finally at age 14, I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance and later found out I was gluten intolerant as well. This proved to be a huge challenge, especially in an Italian household where bread and cheese are a way of life - to this day, my Nonna still asks if I want grated parmigiano cheese on my meals. As difficult as it was, I cut dairy and gluten out of my diet completely and noticed a significant difference in my health. Surprisingly after a while, my cravings for ice cream and dinner rolls went away which made things a lot easier too. Fast forward a few years, and there I was, beginning my career in a big city and having to adjust once again.
Working in the sports and entertainment industry has been an absolute whirlwind – I’ve learned from passionate people, watched dreams come true on the field, and am able to contribute the greater community.  With this, comes long workdays, little sleep, constantly eating out and the classic “no time for the gym”. Also synonymous with sports – pizza, wings and beer (even hearing it hurts).

Needless to say, being successful in such a fast-paced lifestyle involves hard work, especially with a high maintenance diet.


After living in Toronto for a year, I decided it was time to write a blog and share some gluten-free, dairy-free tips on finding a healthy balance in the big city.
Enjoy!
C

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be very helpful. I will pass your blog on to my daughter-in-law who has just discovered she has the same allergies.

    ReplyDelete