Saturday 28 September 2013

Banana Muffins

Took me a couple of tries but I've finally perfected my gluten free banana bread! Since I have a tendency of eating dessert for breakfast...and lots of it, I made sure these were extra healthy. No oil, no sugar and no "xanthan gum" - only natural ingredients for this girl!

3-4 very ripe bananas
2 whole eggs
1.5 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
.5 cups instant quinoa flakes
.5 cups unsweetened apple sauce
5 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Splash of almond or regular milk
Dash of salt
Cinnamon to taste

Optional
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or dark chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees. Mash bananas and mix in all wet ingredients first. Slowly add the quinoa flakes and flour. I didn't need to use my electric mixer, a fork works just fine. You can either spoon batter into muffin tins or a loaf pan. Make sure to swipe some coconut/olive oil or cooking spray before pouring the batter so it doesn't stick. Bake for approx. 45 minutes, or until the top turns golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment